Friday 5 June 2009

Riise flattered by Barcelona rumours

Asked about the rumours linking him with a move to Barcelona (read more here), AS Roma left back defender and Norway international John Arne Riise (28) has said in an interview with Norwegian tabloid Aftenbladet that he's flattered by it:

"It is flattering and great to see my name being linked with a club like Barcelona. I got a text message on my phone and I actually got some little ticklings in my stomach when I read it. Barcelona has been the best team this season. When the rumours would become reality, I guess we would have a chat but I am Roma player and so far this is only speculation."

Read more:
Riise an option for the left back position
Liverpool and Juventus interested in Abidal
Barcelona rejoins the race for Zhirkov

6 comments:

LeónDragón said...

...please barca,delete this name from the list...know,we want cheap...but we have the money to be comfortable not to search in garbage cans...for the right-back-back-up for alves,i suggest fanni from stade rennes...very good player...better than a srna,from no one knows how to spell his name...

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty confident Barca won't buy Riise.
I would rather have the LB in the Chinese national team then Riise(I don't know who dat is).

LeónDragón said...

...riise...sorry,can't get it..what's wrong with this board now?...riise...unbelievable...again what i said earlier...
-...cheaper option...we made 100+ millions only for winning the cl...and now we go shopping at the junkmarket...what went wrong?...this is not like buying second-hand...it's like searching in a garbage can...that cheap...-
p.s. if you read this insideknowledge...respectfully,please give this board a pimpslap to bring them back to reality...

Bogman said...

Sure it's a player who has seen his best days. But as I recall it ha was pretty intimidating in Liverpool. He had a great shot and a good cross. However this is certainly not enough to be a Barca player. I would go for Felipe Luis of Deportivo de la Coruna. I saw him for the first time last fall and immediatly thought he was a great prospekt for the future.

ulizinho said...

I guess Pep is looking for a first left back as Abidal was not convincing through the two seasons, but Riise is definitely not better than him.

PS: I Visual verification expression is invisible with Firefox 3.0

tero said...

Riise is crap, so is this rumour...joke of the month

Custom Search
 
Custom Search