Friday 24 July 2009

[2008] Ronaldinho's goodbye letter to Barcelona

this post was published exactly one year ago:





First of all I would like to express my gratitude to Barcelona's fans. At every time I felt their affection. I was very happy in Barcelona because the people always transmitted wonderful feelings. I have felt accompanied during the whole journey, and this sensation gave me strength always. I enjoyed playing football with Barça and I enjoyed pleasing the fans. I have felt close to the people of F.C. Barcelona which showed their affection at all times. I remain with the illusion of one day being able to say goodbye from the Camp Nou.

I'm going to a great club, but with a certain sadness to have to leave the places where I was happy, in which I experienced triumphs, but especially emotions. Us Brazilians play football also to make others happy. This was one of my objectives and I am satisfied I achieved that.

I'd like to thank the support I have received from all the players I played with. It was an honor to play alongside footballers of such a high professional quality, but especially human quality. Many of them were not just team mates, but friends. We were a great group and everyone gave their contribution to the success. No player can win anything by himself. I have to thank my team mates and the club for the individual awards which brought me here, I have a special memory of the Golden Ball and the FIFA World Player. Thanks because here I lived some of the happiest moments of my life.

I don't want to forget the coaches, the masseurs, the doctors, all the people involved at the club; they are a part of the triumph too. I extend my gratitude also to the managers who supported me and the press which accompanied me over the years. They will all remain indelible memories of an exceptional period.

I've received a lot. I was happy in Barcelona and with Barcelona. I will keep all of this in my heart with great affection. Football is a game, a party, it's a sport to enjoy and to give joy. You have to play football with a smile. That is its significance for me. Thank you for having smiled with me.

Ronaldinho


Read more 24 July 2008 news:
Tottenham willing to sell Berbatov to Barcelona
Could Eto'o join Real Madrid?
The European champions are back

9 comments:

one year ago, readers said...

JJ said...

He will be missed.

Thank you again Roni for all the good times.


Anonymous said...

Respect Roni !!!


Anonymous said...

Will always remember this quote "I am going to a great club, but with certain sadness for leaving a place where I was happy" :( Goodbye Dinho.


Anonymous said...

The best player ever to play for barca.
Good luck in milan ronni, long live the magician.

"I remain with the illusion of one day being able to say goodbye from the Camp Nou."

Could this be a hint of wanting to end his amazing football career at the club that made him famous?


Anonymous said...

Thank you for those great great times, you served a great clubbed immeasurably, shown us some fantastic times with the ball at your feet with spectacular skill as one of the world's greatest footballers. If I ever met you, I'd buy you a beer but ...


groga said...

Now that he doesn"t play for us anymore, I'd buy him a whole night of beer...

Thanks, Ronnie!


Anonymous said...

Thx Roonnieeeeeeee


Anonymous said...

Good riddance pig face creature.


djoef said...

He has a horse face, not a pig face, take your biology book.

Anyway, how have we enjoyed this guy in his first 3,5 years here, will something like that ever come back?


Anonymous said...

tanx ronny, nobody is better than you. We will miss and support you. You are the god of football!


k-1 said...

The living legend has left us.
It is a big hit for the team but I hope that Hleb can replace him well.
Good luck Ronie!!!!!


Anonymous said...

His PR manager did a good job writing this letter...lol


Anonymous said...

Always play football with a smile.
One of the best footballers ever to grace this club and the planet revolutionised football.
He will be missed and i wish him all the sucess in the world
Visca Ronaldino
x


Robert said...

ronaldinho- the greatest football player ever. to be able to play at your level and still have a smile on your face is truly incredible. thank you

Anonymous said...

Wow still I feel dinho what a legend.

Anonymous said...

dinho is the best!
noone can replace him.also,im expecting the most comments for a one year old post.

TengkuAmir10

H said...

he had an ability that could make us smile even if we were losing , never losing his smile .
where ever he plays wether its in camp nou or in the bernabeu , people cheered him and chanted his name ( unlike c.ronaldo who is boo'ed even in old trafford ) .
a true legend

Anonymous said...

The last paragraph makes it so obvious that Ronnie didn't write this.

It probably was his PR guy.

aydink-1 said...

For me the best player that has ever walked on Earth.
I am just pissed off that he left but I wish him all best and to show to the world that he is the ultimate best once again.

R10FCB said...

was a barca legend and will be remembered.
i hope he comes back one day.

Anonymous said...

Will Never forget the filling of joy at the bernabeu :)))) 0-3 with our magical Ronnie:)))) ty for all

xaviesta said...

It's so sad that he lost his motivation somehow!
It was the most dynamic style in football that I ever saw!

All the best for Ronaldinho!

Custom Search
 
Custom Search