Friday, 24 July 2009

Barcelona prepares new bid for Chygrynskiy

Catalan sports paper Sport claims that Barcelona is preparing a new bid for Shakhtar Donetsk central defender and Ukrainian international Dmytro Chygrynskiy (22).

During a meeting in England yesterday, Barcelona president Joan Laporta would have told Barcelona manager Josep Guardiola that the club will insist for the Ukrainian centre-back, as asked by the coach.

Last week, a Barcelona delegation headed by Laporta flew to Ukraine trying to force a deal but the 15 million euro° offer wasn't at all convincing for Shakhtar. Both clubs nevertheless reportedly left the door open for further talks (read more here) and Barcelona would now make a new bid in the coming days.

Read more:
Chygrynskiy approach rejected
Barcelona has been in contact with 22 players
Chygrynskiy confirms Barcelona offer

22 comments:

pep said...

15 million euro =

21 million us dollar
13 million british pound

Keenan said...

Is this guy even worth it?

soumitra kapri said...

y r we running for a central defender?
we have Puyol,Marquez,Pique,Henrique even Abidal as back up... do we really need any more??
why not try for someone for wings, which we hear everyday but no concrete offer put forward??

Keenan said...

RB- alves, puyi, victor sanchez
CB- puyi, pique, marquez(risky), henrique(maybe), muniesa(if needed), abidal(emergency CB)
LB- Maxwell, abidal, puyi...


We need a little more depth...

Keenan said...

@soumitra kapri

WTF ARE U DOING WEARING A MADRID SHIRT AND SAYING "WE" AS IN BARCA...


????????

(-_-)

luimac said...

wtf is barca trying to get a central defender but is loaning out Caceres? ..... especially when they are saying they are not trying to spend too much! O.o

Anonymous said...

he was voted as best player in the ukraine last season but is he good enough for cl and primera division?

we were running out of defenders in the cl but there was some bad luck. don't forget: one day milito will be back... then we would have some defenders making trouble because they are getting playing time. we cannot rotate in the defense as we do in the offense. that's too risky.

go for a left wing or a midfielder

Anonymous said...

they are NOT getting ENOUGH playing time

Anonymous said...

this guy isn't any more talented than Henrique or Caceres...basicly another player that has talent but won't be good enaugh to belong in the starting lineup.

pass...

I don't understand Pep's infatuation with mediocre players. I know you need role players and stars to be successful. Real has shown many times how you can fail with a team full of stars and the same happened to us in 2007.

Had we kept the money from the Hleb signing, Henrique signing, Caceres signing, Keita signing then we could have brought in a real game changer...but we settle for those mediocre players and end up dumping them for close to nothing which sucks.

Anonymous said...

Think it would be pretty cool if Caceres stayed instead of trying to get this guy... and also instead of trying to sign Cesc now (wait for maybe at least 2 more seasons with him in Arsenal but if r.madrid starts making a really serious offer then would reconsider coz would really b upset if Cesc ever plays for r.madrid)... and Barca sign Afellay instead of Cesc for now would be nice... IMO

SJP said...

can understand why pep wants more trustworthy depth at the back (he obviously doenst trust caceres, who doesnt have the confidence or technique for barca) but spending over 15mil of a a mssively depleted (if ibra figures are true) budget seems strange. surely a CM or LW is more a priority, maybe there are no options on the market?

Aussie Barca Fan said...

Guys Henrique is still unknown how he will perform in Liga. Yes he looks good and had a good season in Germany. All indications are positive but we are in 6 competitions and need depth.

Marquez and Milito are injury prone. Puyol and Marquez are not getting any younger and will need to be rotated for the long season ahead.

Chygrinskiy could be a good option for us as he has European experience having won the EUFA Cup last season. He has allot of potential and would be cheaper than say Bruno Alves.

We need more cover at the back, in the middle if Hleb and Guddy leave and also LW. These areas need to be improved quickly if we are to have a sustained successful campeign.

Anonymous said...

Aussie, paying more than 15m for an unproven backup for the backup is crazy.

Anonymous said...

If Caceras doesnt have the confidence or technique,why the hell did we break the bank to sign him???

Who knows this guy may end up as a bigger flop than Caceras who himself was one of the biggest flops last season.

What we need is someone like Maxwell with more experience,who can fight for the place all while being cheaper.Max around 10 million.

Anyway,our first priority is to sign an attacking midfielder as backup to Xavi/Iniesta.

A team with a dozen CBs and 2 attacking midfielders isnt the way to go!

Anonymous said...

People need to stop referring to our "so called" depth at the CB position . We have Pique who is young and still learning. His technique is mediocre . Pujol is getting up in age . We can forget about Milito . He is damaged goods now . Marquez and Abidal are a nightmarish option . Both are dumb-asses who tend to give away penalties or dangerous free kicks every time they get beaten . Caceres is not an option at this time . I like Henrique but he needs time to get better !!

Anurag said...

@Anony above - Basically, all our CB's suck?

Pique is the best (yes, THE BEST) CB in the world right now. Have you seen him play in the second half of the season? What mediocre technique are you talking about? Seeing his display at one end and the "great" Vidic and Ferdinand at the other, I could see only one person who was actually playing well.

Puyol is BARCA. Can't say more than that.

Marquez is dumb? Or are you?

Henrique has already proved himself to be a good player at Leverkusen, and his attitude makes me believe that he will do well.

And you forget Muniesa also, who is being called the next Puyol and is brilliant.

Our squad has good CB depth. We need a creative mid who can step up when Xavi/Iniesta are injured/suspended.

Iason said...

Stop saying that Keita was a bad signing! He did everything the coach asked of him and also scored crucial goals. He added depth and thats why he was signed.

tero said...

Chygrynskiy is still better option than to splash 30M for Bruno Alves...I agree with Iason about Keita,he has played well enough to be a player you can always rely...and he works like hell

Marc4barca said...

hey guys don't get to worried, remember skrtel and vidc. those two guys didn't prove themselves before going to their clubs either. pique was a risk also cause he wasn't getting enough playing time in england. i say he can become a great player in barcelona and shaktar is a very strong defensive team.

Anonymous said...

Milito can pretty much be ruled out, Marquez and Puyol are both at an age were theyare more injury prone, Caceres fucking sucks and will hopefully get loaned out, Henrique has yet to prove himself, so Pique is the only solid option that can be counted on for the whole season. If Pep wants this guy that bad then I say get him.

Aussie Barca Fan said...

How is Chygrinskiy unproven?? He won the Euro Cup last season? He was named the best player in the Ukrain, which is an improving league.

We all thought Caceras has experience in Liga and he cracked under the pressure. Chygrinskiy is a great option.

Anonymous said...

This blog is a joke . They try to censore anything that they disagree with . Pathetic mentality !!

Custom Search
 
Custom Search