Thursday 23 July 2009

Iniesta approves summer change

At a press conference in Totana, Murcia, Barcelona midfielder and Spanish international Andres Iniesta (25) gave his approval for the club's summer spending. Iniesta alluded to the lack of spending in the summer of 2006 when Rijkaard led the club to a Champion's League title over Arsenal but failed to make any changes in the summer, which ultimately resulted in a poor 2006-07 campaign,

"A few years ago we had this little oversight, and I think that now the club is doing things well. It is always necessary to improve
. There is still a lot of time to finalise our squad"

Iniesta also had respectful words for teammate Cameroonian international Samuel Eto'o (28),

"There is nothing official. Nor has Samuel Eto'o left. When it's done, we can talk. I will wish Eto'o well.
For the moment, Eto'o continues to be my teammate, for whom I have great respect."


Read more:
Iniesta's new home
Iniesta: Best yet to come

2 comments:

Anurag said...

Even I approve of them.

tero said...

I wonder what CR9 would have to say about his clubs spending...

Custom Search
 
Custom Search