Friday 26 June 2009

Cesc repeats he wants to stay at Arsenal

Asked about the new rumours linking him with an exit (read more here), Arsenal midfielder and Spanish international Cesc Fàbregas (22) has said in an interview with his club's offical media that he has no intention of leaving:

"I'm not sure how many times I need to talk directly about my commitment to Arsenal as I continue to say the same thing over and over again, but it appears that every time I have spoken to the Spanish media recently, my words have bounced back to England, leaving question marks about my future.

So, for anyone who is unclear or may have misunderstood what my position is, let me make myself absolutely crystal clear. I am wholeheartedly committed to Arsenal and my future lies with this great Club.

It is a fact that we have not won a trophy for four years and yes, I am angry about that, but that anger stems from the deep deep desire I have to win things with Arsenal. I care about this Club and believe in this team. I am proud to captain this team and proud to wear the shirt.

It really upsets me when people express my thoughts otherwise. The spirit in this squad is fantastic and we have the ability and mentality to compete on all fronts for silverware. Make no mistake, we are focussed and determined to show that we are capable of achieving great things together."


Read more:
Cesc wants to continue at Arsenal
Barcelona wants Cesc and four other players
Cesc wants to start winning titles

3 comments:

Ramen said...

That's what CR7 said about Man U for the past year.

Don Luis said...

This is turning out to be worst then the CR7 saga. One day he says this, other day that. Just blah blah blah. He will play for Barca sooner or later. Or never. There is Thiago.

Anonymous said...

The recent interview was from The Sun. That's why I said we need to wait until he says something about it.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search