Monday 3 August 2009

Gudjohnsen still didn't make decision on future

Asked about the rumours linking him with a summer exit (read more here), Barcelona attacker and Iceland international Eidur Gudjohnsen (30) has said in an interview with the official UEFA website that no decision has been made yet:

"No decision will be made in a hurry. I'll take my time. I'm concentrating on preparing myself well for the new season. Everything in it's own time. I'll see in the next couple of weeks what I'll do.

Last year, I was in a similar situation and I ended up being part of a treble-winning team, even though towards the end I didn't end up playing as much as I would have liked. I was part of a very successful time and of course I'm glad I made the decision. My favourite position? I can play anywhere the manager would like me to play. Depending on the system we play. I can adapt to midfield or a more forward position. I just enjoy football when I am on the pitch."

Catalan sports paper Sport meanwhile wrongly claims, based upon a report in French football weekly paper France Football, that Barcelona and West Ham would already have found an agreement on a transfer of Gudjohnsen and that a move back to the English Premier League would now only depend on the player, who could return early from the United States.

Read more:
West Ham sets Gudjohnsen deadline
Gudjohnsen keeping all options open
West Ham confirms interest in Gudjohnsen

7 comments:

Byronic said...

Please go, you have been awful so far in this pre-season.. just plain awful.

Exarch said...

Pls go, u r not wanted!!! U have overstayed your welcome!

Anonymous said...

He'll probably be undecided until his contract runs out:P

fcbee said...

^lol

barca nike said...

when will he make his desicion evrytime i read it says next week he will say his final desicion

fcbee said...

He'll make his decision on September 1st...

Anonymous said...

It's not Guddy's decision? If continues to play like in the pre-season (or actually he's been mediocre since he came imo) we will sell him. And I really hope we sell him...

Custom Search
 
Custom Search