Saturday 8 August 2009

[2008] Crosas to close Celtic deal this weekend

this post was published exactly one year ago:


Asked about his upcoming move to Celtic Glasgow (read more here), Barcelona midfielder Marc Crosas (20) has said in an interview with Scottish tabloid Daily Record that he's looking forward to joining his new club:

"It's the biggest move of my career and I'm very excited about it. It's sad that I'm leaving Barcelona after so long but I couldn't have picked a better club to join than Celtic.

I have spoken with my agent and everything is on for me to sign for Celtic. A fee has been agreed between the clubs and my agent is dealing with all the personal terms. That means I should be in Glasgow on Saturday and I hope to finalise everything and undergo a medical before they play on Sunday."

The tabloid claims that Barcelona asked French champions Lyon, who wanted to make last season's loan deal permanent this summer, a fee of 2,5 million euro°. Celtic will only pay 0,5 million euro° (with 0,9 million euro° in variables) but the Scottish champions accepted to include a 2 million euro° buy-back option in the deal (read more
here).

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan is today quoted by British sports site Setanta Sports as confirming that Crosas is on the verge of signing: "Chief executive Peter Lawwell is looking after all these things and we left him to tie up the loose ends. My part comes when he joins us and we try to make him a better player. And anybody who joins us hopefully makes us a better team."

Read more:
OFFICIAL: Crosas to Celtic
Crosas could stay in Lyon
Crosas agent confirms deal with Celtic close

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search