Sunday 9 August 2009

Become a blog writer

Because we would like to bring the Barcelona fans more, faster and better news, we would like to create a pool of writers and therefore we are looking for people who could write posts for the blog.

We are talking about on-time news posts here, not opinion pieces. Such a post can go from basically translating a news report to putting a story together yourself based on one or more news reports. We will give you some guidelines, but we already want to mention the following.


You should be able to adapt to the style of this blog, which is quite basic but nevertheless quality-oriented (regarding content, language and lay-out). To keep things readers-friendly, it's probably best that this continues to be the general line. Of course you can add your personal accents.

You should therefore also have a decent knowledge of the English language (without English having to be your mother tongue) and preferably also the Spanish language (or you should be excellent with google translate or other translating tools).

You should be able to take initiative. If you see a story that is interesting, you basically can start writing. You shouldn't wait for permission.

Although it's of course volunteer work (we also remind that this is a charity based blog with the benefits going to good works), we would ask some sort of minimum commitment. For example, you can say "Ok, I can give you fifteen minutes a day and write one post", or "I can be around for one hour, but only during weekdays" or "Only in the weekend". This will enable us to organize everything a bit.


If you are interested and motivated to help out, you can contact us at:

fcbtransfers [at] yahoo [dot] com

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me see a screenshot of the checks you reportedly send to Africa out of your earnings from this blog and I`m willing to contribute.

pep said...

I'm not sending checks for sure, the money goes through a local priest who is working in Congo and serves to pay the school money of children.

But we'll soon try to set up something new so people can feel more involved.

Anonymous said...

I don't trust any priest in Africa. Those are the people who have gone around telling Africans that it is a bigger sin to wear condom than have AIDS.

pep said...

The priests in Africa are practical people, not to be confused with the theory guys in the Vatican. The one I know is inviting ngo's to talk to the local people about aids and condoms.

Anonymous said...

Is there anyway we can secularize this? There are other secular organizations that would do a much better job for pure humanitarian reasons.

pep said...

This specific project is in a place where secular organizations aren't active. And we can discuss about who's doing a better job. At least here I know exactly what happens with the money and no overhead costs are being paid.

But the new charity project we have in mind will go through a secular organization. So if you then still want to contribute, feel free to join in later!


And if you have suggestions about secular organizations you want to support, you can contact me at: fcbtransfers [at] yahoo [dot] com

Anonymous said...

I will come up with some secular organizations and some other ideas. I will contact you as soon as I have something concrete to offer.
Can you please explain in some details what happens with the money? Where does the money pool before being sent? Which part of Congo? Who? Where? Why?
It is great that you are considering a new charity that will go through a secular organization. Can you tell me a bit about them?

My idea is to somehow contribute the money to some football schools or something. But again, I don't know about the revenues this site comes up with which might not be sufficient.

pep said...

For your questions: at this moment we're paying the school money of two children aged 7 and 8. The money goes straight to the priest who returns to Europe once a year. We're like paying one year of school money in advance. It's a small town in the south east of Congo, near the city of Lubumbashi. And why? Just because he came to speak in our local cultural centre when I was looking for a charity project.


Send me a mail to explain us your ideas about this and we'll discuss things further!

Anonymous said...

Well, paying for children's school sounds wonderful. Sorry for too many questions, but where was this local cultural center? I am just trying to get more ideas for being involved.

pep said...

In Belgium, where I use to live.

Anonymous said...

I meant as in how was it organized or by who? I'm asking so I can possibly find similar gatherings to attend. I always thought you are Spanish, are you?

pep said...

No, I'm not. It was just locally organized, each month there's one person who comes to speak and if I have time and the subject sounds interesting, I go and listen.

Similar gatherings, well, where do you live? Guess each country has its own habits about people coming together. Just ask around in your town or city, I'm sure there must be things like this.

Anonymous said...

I'm an anonymous living in a no-man land. I'll try to see if I can find any football related charities.

pep said...

Ok, you know where you can find us!

Custom Search
 
Custom Search