Wednesday 12 August 2009

Jonathan hopes to be promoted to first team

Asked about his situation at Barcelona, Barcelona Atletic attacking midfielder and Mexican youth international Jonathan dos Santos (19) has said in an interview with Mexican sports paper Récord that he hopes to be promoted to the first team:

"I have the hope that I will be able to stay with the first team, but if that wouldn't be possible, I will play with the B-team. I know things will come step by step. I don't know if I'm close to promotion to the first team. If I'm close, they will tell me. And if not, I'll keep on working with the second team.

For now, I'm returning to Barcelona being very happy and satisfied after having done the tour in the United States with the first team. Can you imagine how it is to have trained and worked with this squad? It's really nice. By just being together with players like Alves, Messi, you learn a lot. The truth is that it's something I will remember for a long time."

Read more:
Jonathan will have minutes with first team
Four youth players flying to the United States
Jonathan has offer from Spanish national team

5 comments:

0marX said...

I like this kid. I miss his brother though, poor guy must regret his decision now.

FCBarca said...

I believe this Dos Santos will become head & shoulders better than Gio

mike in africa said...

gio's had bad luck since he moved away from nou camp. he's however shown an explosive form lately with the mexican national team. i hope gio can truly reach his potential and make his return to barca.

Iason said...

He is great in possession and almost never loses the ball and a very solid passer but play makers get a lot better with age and even though Guddy sucks, I still think he can pick the lock better than Jonathon atm. But in a year or two, I think we would have forgotten all about Cesc.

Tohar Investment Limited said...

this is my real boy,i pray barca promote him like pedro last season,so that he can play for the first team and the athletics together.pls guys dont talk about giovanni again,he's gone and now we only have JONATHAN DOS SANTOS.and not giovanni dos santos.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search