Tuesday 28 July 2009

Marquez: "We're not going to relax after the treble"

Barcelona player Rafael Márquez gave an interview to the club's official media.





How's the recovery from your injury coming along?
I'm feeling good, happy to be back. I'm still not with the rest of the squad, but we're working to get me 100 per cent for the trip to the States.

What was it like at the end of last season to miss out on the big games? It must have really made you angry.
Yes, it certainly did. I felt such impotence at not being able to play in those big games, but at the same time I felt really happy about the fact that my teammates were winning.

Were you surprised at how superior Barca were in the Champions League final?
The truth is we thought it would be tougher. I think the team were mentally prepared to go out and play a simple game and that's what we did. We always had possession and the chances just came as a result of that.

There seems to be plenty of tension in the training sessions, is that what's needed to repeat last year's success?
Yes, that was key to us winning so much last year. Pep is very demanding in training and that's the way forward.

There are a number of players who were in the team that went through the season after Paris. Is that going to be a help?
Yes, I think so and with Pep we know that even though we've won plenty, he's going to be pushing for more. I don't think we'll go through that period of relaxation that happened after Paris.

Touré and Keita will both be away for the African Nations Cup. Do you see yourself fitting in in midfield?
I don't know, that's up to the boss. I just want to keep on playing, I don't mind where.

How do you think Henrique is adapting?
I think that just like any other player it's not easy to fit in at first. The first few months at a new club are not easy, but I think he's got the qualities needed to make a go of it.

And how do you reckon your fellow Mexican Jonathan Dos Santos is settling in?
Well, I'm thrilled that he’s with us. He’s a quality player and it's great to have another Mexican along.


read the full and original interview here


Read more:
Marquez confident about contract renewal
Guardiola about current Barca players

5 comments:

Minh ho said...

Hail the new King ibra >>> etoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsvQXFQFT_Q

I think barca is going to explode with ibra. check the video

Anonymous said...

yes, I think Ibra is what we have been looking for and that we are really going to explode next season, playing so beautiful as never before seen in football history.

Anonymous said...

that's weird how didn't u ask about paris hilton?

Don Luis said...

Viva Mexico!

Rafa eres pinche idolo

#4 para siempe!

Xaviniesta said...

lol@anony, its Sport that asks those paris hilton q's. this interview is by official fcb press hehe.

i'm also thrilled we'll now have 2 mexicans when hopefully jona gets called up. i still kinda miss gio though but happy same time that he's doing well with the Mex NT.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search