Thursday 2 July 2009

Gai expects to get passport in one or two weeks

Asked about the rumours linking him with a loan move because of passport problems (read more here), Barcelona Atlètic wing attacker and Israel youth international Gai Assulin (18) has said in an interview with Israeli sports site One that he will probably receive his Spanish passport later this month:

"I still haven't received my passport but as far as I know there is no problem. On the contrary, I know that I'm supposed to receive my Spanish passport in a week or two and there are no problems expected. My father did not return with me to Israel and stayed in Barcelona to take care of the passport-related issues.

Regarding a possible move, that is totally untrue. Barcelona is my home, it is my team and I don't want to go anywhere else. There's no reason for me to leave and I'm not even thinking about it. I wish I will arrive to the first team's training camp. In a few days I will know if it will happen and I hope it will, I don't want to talk too much, it's best to wait and see..."

Read more:
Gai: "I believe one day I'll reach the first team"
Three youth players to start pre-season in London
Gai could leave on loan

18 comments:

Iniesta Goooooaaaaal !!!!! said...

Ribéry is going to Real....

fcbee said...

We have Gai, let them have Ribery... ;)


And stop the Madrid obsession, guys.

Xaviniesta said...

good to hear. i look forward to seeing him, thiago and muniesta play with the first team. we do have the most exciting young talents.

Anonymous said...

Finally some good news. Let's just see if he's the real deal.

Xaviniesta said...

good to hear. i look forward to seeing him, thiago and muniesta play with the first team. we do have the most exciting young talents.

i agree with fcbee, this obsession sucks. instead of focusing on madrid lets look at what we've got and appreciate it more. if ppl like madrid so much they could switch teams no problem lol.

barca4life said...

Hallelujia its like a signing :) I'll take gai for the LW and keep hleb to back up the LW for Henry while gai continues to develop in the first team

Anonymous said...

ya good to see he can play ...but they shld be alowed to switch back to barca b like they did with pedro

groga said...

That's what the passport issue is all about: now he'll be able to switch.

hawk_barca_4_life said...

still doubt abt it b4l he is not ready for the liga ... but can play in the copa same for thiago and muneisa
rather than saying not ready they shld be slowly moulded in the first team

Anonymous said...

great news ever!

barca4life said...

Yeah hawk, he shouldnt be our first option but part of the squad for most of the season to get the experience and get some mins like bojan did this season in some games in the CL and the league as well.

Anonymous said...

great news ever!

Anonymous said...

Maybe we have too much expectations for this kid.

Soha_TZ said...

This kid is great, and he should get a chance

rObReV7 said...

Allright guys, clearly many of you are excited about this, but please dont have messi level expectaions. He could be good, but right now, he is very small and quite weak. Personally, im waiting to see if he can make it, but the indications are that he can :)

woo sah said...

good news.
next few seasons slowly integrate him and thiago into the first team.
i fully expect to see them in permanent first team action in 2 or 3 seasons.

messi said...

gai isnt exactly small mate.he is about 5ft10 and if he adds some mass he can become very strong.last season he could not participate in pre season much and got injured.that is the reason for his underpar performance last season however he made a decent comeback towards the end of the season when the likes of vazquez got injured.

Anonymous said...

Gai isn't all that good. I don't have much expectations from him.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search