Friday 3 July 2009

Bruno Alves doesn't know what future will bring

Asked about the rumours linking him with a move to Barcelona (read more here), Porto central defender and Portuguese international Bruno Alves (27) told journalists that he doesn't know what the future will bring:

"I don't know what will happen. If Porto wants a transfer, if they think it's a good thing to let me go, fine. If not, I am not unhappy at Porto. On the contrary, it's a club that has given me a lot of great moments. We'll see what is going to happen. I could leave or I could stay, everything is open.

I think that I have been playing well and I could look for other challenges but there's a right time for everything. We're gonna wait and see to see if something happens or not. Apart from that, I am fine, I feel happy, we'll see what happens in the future.

You always work with the intention to get further and to go to better places. I have done a good job, I have worked hard to achieve better things in the future. Every player would like to play with the best teams in Europe and I'm not different, so I'm working with that objective. Regarding my career, I'm always looking for better and more."

Catalan sports paper
Sport meanwhile claims that Bruno Alves will be, together with Shakhtar central defender Chyhrynskiy, Barcelona's main defensive target if the transfer of Deportivo left back Filipe wouldn't go through. Although Porto has until now be referring to the buyout clause of 30 million euro but a deal woudl be closed for a transfer fee of 15 million euro°.

Asked about the rumours, the player's father Washington Alves told the paper that the Portuguese centre-back would like to have certainty: "Bruno is delighted because it's an honour that such a big club is interested in him. Although, there's the fact that he knows that he has an offer from one of the best clubs in the world and he's not sure about his future, so he starts to get worried."

Read more:
Henrique could be included in Bruno Alves deal
Barcelona has been in contact with 22 players
Talks in Portugal on Bruno Alves

10 comments:

pep said...

15 million euro =

21 million us dollar
13 million british pound

Unknown said...

Would he be better than puyol?

ej said...

for all arabs


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqM8s7_WiDY&feature=related

Iason said...

Don't even joke about that shanewhitehouse. If we get Bruno Alves, we will switch Puyol to LB permanently. Puyol, Pique and Bruno Alves are all unbeatable in the so that problem will go away when we face teams like Chelsea. I know Puyol is short but he can out jump people a lot taller than him and he never loses the player he is marking.

Valdes
Daniel Alves-Bruno Alves-Pique-Puyol
Xavi-Mascherano/Toure-Iniesta/Toure
Messi-Villa-Iniesta/Henry/Bojan

We can kill Madrid with this team.

Kxevin said...

Iason, you would displace the sideline-to-sideline pace of Abidal for Puyol? Keep in mind also that Abidal's pace allows the rest of the back line to compensate for Alves' roaming.

Frankly, I'm not sure where Bruno Alves fits in, with Pique, Puyol and Marquez in the house.

barca nike said...

nice one ej

NouBarca said...

Blame Eto

Iason said...

I meant that Abidal and Puyol rotate at LB. Abidal isn't that fast anymore though and after his two injuries to his legs this season, I'm sure he has slowed down a lot. Besides, although Abidal is tall, he is very lazy in set-pieces and crosses and wouldn't do that well against a tall team that crosses a lot.

jazzy said...

i think if dont get filipe we should just sign the one that Milan failed to get.. Cishoko. he only cost 10-15mil. we could always fix his teeth ;)

TengkuAmir10 said...

abidal is still fast lason.n why switch puyol to lb??he is a cb.why dont we switch this bruno alves to lb?him n abidal rotate bcos to me puyol is still the horse tht i know.remember the cl final?he marked ronaldo like ronaldo was a child making his way through.n when he went forward,messi scored.n i dk where bruno would actually fit cos i dont think he is willing to rotate.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search