Wednesday 1 July 2009

[2008] Alves is in Barcelona

this post was published exactly one year ago:



A few minutes before 5 pm local time Dani Alves landed on the 'El Prat' airport of Barcelona. A private plane had brought him first from Sevilla to Madrid and from there to the Catalan capital.

From the airport, Alves and some Barcelona officials went to the Barcelona offices where the player posed before the photographers. From the Camp Nou, the Brazilian right back defender was driven to the 'Hospital de Barcelona' where the player succesfully underwent the medical tests. The signature of the contract and the official presentation are expected to follow tomorrow (read more here).


Alves gave a first interview to the official club media: "This is a very important step in my life and in my career. I'm anxious and looking forward to play as soon as possible so I can prove that the club made the right decision. Playing for Barcelona is a dream for me and I'm very happy that I will realize that dream. This transfer is a magnificent reward for all the work I have been doing until now. It's a reason to be delighted and very satisfied to know that a club like Barcelona was interested in me and wanted me for this new project."









Read more 1 July 2008 news:
Barcelona to offer Eto'o in Trezeguet deal
The expiring contracts
Official: Deco to Chelsea

1 comment:

one year ago, readers said...

Eye said...

I just hope that he is first of few arrivals with equal caliber...
Anyway, congrats to Barca's board on this one. It should be appreciated because even one Chelsea failed in attempt to sign Dani, and that makes whole this a lot more important.

So, what to say, Barca now posses probably the best right fullback om the world. Not to offense anyone, I will say in world's top three...

Just as I said, hope that this is just start - things that remain are striker, left back and center-attacking midfielder. Only one hobbit possible...


Eye said...

Of course, not left back but a left winger - lapsus linguae. But funny, speaking of left, I must admit that Abidal as a solution doesn't look so convenient, but let's put that aside for now and give him one more season to prove. If I am rihgt, there are many excellent alternatives - Clichy, Vargas, Zhirkov, Emanuelsson, Lahm, just to name few.


Anonymous said...

DANI!

FINALLY! :D


Anonymous said...

Alves standing next to the logo wearing what looks like a fast food uniform. LOL!..."I'll take the #2 special with a side order of fries, hold the pickle and extra mayo please."


Anonymous said...

ALVES + MESSI = RIGHT FLANK DOMINANCE


dinao said...

Finaly.. i think every barca fan is happy now, i hope few other good signings will come.
To Eye: I agree with you, Abidal is good, let him prove another season, but I would also like to see Emanuelson in blaugrana. I watched him several times, he is just like Alves left back version. With him and Silva on the left..It would be great. I just hope Etoo stays, and the board recognises that he is the best there is on the market. Maybe Guardiola can control his ego.


Anonymous said...

alves is good transfer,i advice to buy ARDA TURAN to left winger,he is talanted player.he would be useful for BARCA

Custom Search
 
Custom Search