Wednesday 1 July 2009

Pique: "Cesc will end up wearing a Barca shirt"

Barcelona player Gerard Piqué gave an interview to Catalan sports paper Sport.





What are you thinking about the events on the transfer market, with Florentino Pérez coming to power?
We expected this. Big clubs have the pressure to win titles and when you don't win anything, like happned to Madrid, you need to sign big players. They've chosen players like Cristiano or Kaká and for the Liga this will be fantastic.

You must be fed up already with all the praising comments of the Madrid press like you were with the comments all along last season?
We're already used to that. I prefer to hear them saying those things because it means they're afraid of something. When they said we couldn't deal with the pressure, we were more motivated than ever because it showed that they were worried. They saw that we went were on our way to the three trophies and in the end, we won all three. I hope next year, we'll hear the same comments because that would mean we're doing well.

So are you immune for comments?
They just bounce off us. They go in through one ear and out through the other.

I don't know if you would like to see your friend Cesc being presented as one of Madrid's transfers...
Not at all and I don't think it will happen. In football, you cannot say that something is impossible but I don't think Cesc will move to Madrid.

The brilliant generation of 1987 will end up being re-united?
We'll surely find each other one day or another. Cesc will end up wearing the Barça shirt, I always tell him that. Even though he's not really talking about it, I always tell him the same.

How many times has Ferguson already regretted letting you go?
I don't want to guess, I don't have access to his head. It was a joint decision. He decided that this was the best for me and I also thought so. I'm grateful to him and I will always be, because this was my big chance to return to Barça.


What do you think about the critics after your "everyone who doesn"t jump is a madridista" song during the celebrations?
I want to close that chapter. I didn't insult anyone, nor did I showed a lack of respect. Although it's probably true that during the celebrations it's better to focus on ourselves and not to think about the number one enemy.

You've already prepared your ear plugs for the Bernabéu?
I wouldn't have a problem with that. If they target me, that wouldn't be right but I can't do anything about it.


this was the second and last part of this interview, you can read the first part here:
Piqué: "I hope to become a symbol"

12 comments:

engelin said...

I' really love this guy and I hope that he one da will our captain.

Anurag said...

he will, he will. no doubt about it.

NC4Barca said...

He is born to lead Barca!! IMO, he is future Puyol..

barca4life said...

Its official on lyon's site, they have agreed to sell benzema to lyon

ej said...

b4l

for how much did they get him ?

Trickykid said...

35 mio euro.

ej said...

35 is a very good deal .


this means higuain wont play in rm .

yuti said...

Higuain, Huntelaar, Van Nisterlrooij, at least two of them should go.

It's 35+6, my god Aulas has clearly lost it. So cheap for the biggest French talent since years...

Iniesta Goooooaaaaal !!!!! said...

Cesc in a Barca outfit ???
Yes when he is 40 and plays for the veterans of 1987 lol!

We dont want the 'money men' CESC !!!

sashi said...

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/07/01/manual_123643.html&TEAMHD=soccer

damn... we need to do a Figo or a Luis Enrique for Huntelaar or Higuain. would love to see either of them play with us.

jordy said...

certainly higuain or robben!
I hope RM is so foolish they would let them leave! 45m for both seems fine ;)

sashi said...

and wat was the context about Pique and tat song??? wat happened???

Custom Search
 
Custom Search