Tuesday 18 August 2009

Victor Sanchez officially presented by Xerez

Spanish first division club Xerez has yesterday officially presented former Barcelona midfielder Víctor Sánchez (21) as new player.

The Catalan joins the newly promoted club for free, with Barcelona having the option to sign him back, also for free, next summer (read more here).


Speaking at a press conference, Víctor Sánchez said he hopes to gain some Liga experience next season:

"Last year, I didn't play a lot with Barcelona, so my goal now is to play and gain experience in the first division. I talked with Barcelona goalkeeping coach Unzué who had talked with Xerez manager Ziganda and now I'm here. I like the city, I already was here before since I have family living in the surroundings. I'm looking forward to this and I hope it will be a good season.

This team will have to compete and to give everything. The objective is to stay in the first division. I come here to play as a midfielder. I think I can play all midfield positions. I don't feel a special pressure because I come from Barcelona. I want to enjoy myself playing football and then we'll see what will happen next year.

It's true that I had the chance to join Deportivo in the deal on left back Filipe Luis, but that didn't go through in the end. When they proposed me to come to Xerez, I didn't have to think twice. This club is a good place to be, you feel the enthusiasm of the people."

Read more:
Transfer of Victor Sanchez is hidden loan
Victor Sanchez hopes to return next year

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guardiola likes this.

http://www.elperiodico.com/vivo/recursos/fotos/foto_382/foto_382906_CAS.jpg

Kevin O said...

Uh... Im confused. Is Sanchez a goalie or a Cm.? He tlked 2 the goalkeeping coach? dont quite get why it had 2 be Unzue who made the connection with Xerez...

Anonymous said...

im hoping Victor can come back to u s and be a replacement for Xavi as he ages gracefully. Good luck Victor!

Tohar Investment Limited said...

good luck victor,i dont think he can come back,the club thinks he is not of a good qualities thats why they have to sell him now that we really need a versitile player like him.he can play in the defence and in the mildfield.so as me too.i dont think he's good anough for us.i wish u the greatest luck in xerez.
bye bye sanchez.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search