Wednesday 19 August 2009

City coach Hughes set for special Barcelona date

Manchester City manager and former Barcelona player Mark Hughes commented on the upcoming match against Barcelona in an interview with his club's official media:

"It's a high-profile and prestigious game.
We'll look to get a lot of positives out of this game, and it was an honor even to be asked over. We should go over and enjoy the experience. It's not very often you get the opportunity to play in the Nou Camp in front of a 100,000, so you should take that chance.

I enjoyed my time in Barcelona, I went out as a young lad but came back much more experienced, and I came back married as well! It was a big time in my life, the football did not go as well as I would have liked. I found it difficult to impose myself in the team but it was a good experience for me.

With hindsight, maybe I could have made more of the opportunity that was given to me, but at the time you tend to have a different mindset. But it was a wonderful experience overall. Barcelona is a fantastic city and I came back from it as a better player and a better person."


Read More:
Manchester City arrives in Barcelona

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search