Tuesday 19 May 2009

Messi would speak to next Madrid president

Asked about the rumours that Real Madrid presidential candidate Florentino Pérez would be interested in signing him (read more here), Barcelona attacker and Argentnian international Lionel Messi (21) has said to Madrid sports tabloid As that he doesn't have any plans to leave:

"Of course I would answer the phone. If Florentino calls me, I will speak to him. Politeness above everything.

But I don't think that call will come. I don't think he'll do it because he's thinking about other players, who are all great, and because I want to continue at Barça. It's as easy at that. My wish is to stay here. I came here as a child and Barcelona gave me everything. I'm comfortable, my beloved ones are too... So no, I don't think that Florentino will call me because he also knows about all that."

Read more:
Next Madrid president keeps pushing for Iniesta
Madrid having difficulties to understand Messi
Next Madrid president could be tempting Messi

2 comments:

KluivertsBoots said...

You've got to love the leading questions Spanish media ask to generate a certain headline.

Anurag said...

exactly what i said on goal.com

Custom Search
 
Custom Search