Thursday 21 May 2009

Medical: Iniesta optimistic about recovery

In a post on his personal blog, Barcelona player Andrés Iniesta (25) showed yesterday his optimism regarding his recovery from a muscle tear:

"My injury is going better. Since I injured myself against the Villareal, in the last match in the Camp Nou, I have tried to put all the senses to recover myself for the next Wednesday...

Today I can say that I've already been doing work during two days in the mountains with Emili Ricart, my physiotherapist, to improve my muscles and my physical training conditions. I shortly hope to be able to begin to run and to touch ball. I am convinced that I will arrive at Rome in my better conditions to be able to help the team."

Barcelona's medical staff has announced today that Iniesta and Henry carefully started training with the ball earlier today. The sensations were good and during the weekend both players will undergo a series of tests to see if they will be available for the final of the Champions League in Rome next Wednesday.

Henry strained the posterior cruciate ligament of his right knee during the league game against Real Madrid on 2 May and was expected to be out for at least three weeks, while Iniesta torn a quadriceps muscle on the front of his right thigh during the league game against Villarreal on Sunday 10 May.

Read more:
Medical: Henry and Iniesta available for Rome final

2 comments:

Anurag said...

WTH, their participation is still not sure? this sucks

Ramen said...

Henry's injury is normally a two month injury which they're cutting to one. He kinda has the same injury as Gallas and Fabregas.

Iniesta's is a 5 week injury that is cut down to 3.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search