Monday 3 August 2009

Alves confirms he will wear the number '2'

Speaking to journalists after the friendly game against Los Angeles Galaxy, Barcelona right back defender Dani Alves has confirmed that he will this season wear the number '2' instead of the number '20' he played with last year:

"I feel a special satisfaction today because I finally was able to play with the number 2 on my back. I already wanted it last season but it wasn't possible. Cáceres, a friend, was wearing it so the number was untouchable.

But now he has left and the number was free. And I have to confess that for me this number is a reference and I'm especially motivated to wear it at Barça. My idol Cafú played with that number, he is one of my examples and that's why I have chosen this number. I feel honoured and very happy."


Read more:
Which shirt numbers will the new guys wear?

5 comments:

E said...

Lol...so the staff rated Caceres higher than Alves???

When the players where presented, they didnt have numbers...later they gave the players a number

fcbee said...

It probably was already "promised" to Caceres and he didn't want to get involved.

El Fuego said...

great picture...hahaha

Anonymous said...

I liked Alves with number "20". It looked nice.. "2" is not so special... But if it is special to him, then fine :)

Anonymous said...

i like 2 on alves :)

xaviniesta

Custom Search
 
Custom Search