Wednesday 8 July 2009

Agent Arshavin denies Barcelona hint

Asked about his presumed comments inviting Barcelona to make an offer for Arsenal attacker and Russian international Andrei Arshavin (27) (read more here), the player's agent Dennis Lachter has denied has denied in an interview with British sports site Sport that he has made the statements:

"This is the first time I've heard anything about these comments. I haven't spoken with anybody and it's quite strange to hear. It appears I'm getting quite famous again, but also that somebody is just trying to use my name.

I've never spoken with Barcelona and I think that somebody is just trying to get a story. All this stuff is made up. Two months ago I heard a lot about some kind of conflict between Arshavin and other Arsenal players. It's bullshit you know. I would say that it looks like your media colleagues are just trying to find some hot news.

I also want to make clear that I'm still the player's agent. We have a contract and this contract will be finished in one and a half years. Until then, I am the manager of Andrei Arshavin. He sent me a letter, absolutely. Listen, it's like entering a contract with Arsenal or anybody else, there are obligations. If you think that you can just cancel this formal relationship between two parties just like that, well you can't do it. That's it. I'm his agent."

Read more:
Arshavin possible left wing top target
Agent Arshavin invites Barcelona to move

3 comments:

Barca4Ever said...

Lol

skanjos said...

wow seems he had a fight with arshavin... who asked him if he departs ways with arshavin heheheh

Barcelonista said...

jeez... Looks like they're going to break up or something :D But seriously isn't he a bit overreacting? And he's talking that he's getting famous and all that, like Barcelona want him or something...

Custom Search
 
Custom Search