Friday 29 August 2008

Barça B - Official: Toribio to Terrassa on loan

Barcelona has officially announced the transfer of Barcelona Atlètic midfielder Daniel Toribio (20) to Spanish third division club Terrassa.

Toribio, who will join Terrassa on a one year loan deal, was yesterday presented by his new club (read more
here). Catalan local newspaper Diari de Terrassa reports that Barcelona will keep on paying his entire salary.

Toribio, who had already been training with his new team-mates for a few days, said at the press conference that he's very motivated: "I was a little surprised that they welcomed me very well. I've really seen a very united group, which will be important during the season. I have been training with Barcelona Atlètic since the start of the pre-season so I'm available if the coach needs me. My best place is in midfield but I can also play as left back or even left winger."

Terrassa coach Sergio Lobera said that Toribio, who had received several offers, was a top target for his club: "For a while he has been a priority. If we could sign him, there was no need to consider other options. He will help to raise the level of the team. It's a polivalent players, who has a lot of caracter and can sacrifice himself for the good of the team."

Read more:
Barça B: Toribio close to joining Terrassa on loan
Barça B - Official: Fali to Terrassa
Barça B - Official: Pau to Terrassa

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search