Monday 14 July 2008

Barça B - Official: Pau Torres to Terrassa

Barcelona has officially announced that Barcelona B second goalkeeper Pau Torres (21) will leave Barcelona and join third division club Terrassa.

A few weeks ago the new Barcelona B technical staff had made clear to Pau, who played for Barcelona over the last seven years and was part of the so-called 'golden generation' including players like Piqué, Messi and Cesc, that they didn't count on him for next season and that he could look for another club (read more
here).

In an interview with the club's official media, Pau says that it wasn't easy to leave Barcelona: "I left home to join Barcelona when I was only 14 years old. I was able to make progress every year and now I have to leave. But I'm leaving with my head high, cause I always have given everything I got for Barcelona.

Terrassa has been the club who was most interested to sign me. The coach, Sergio Lobera, knows me from when he was coaching Barcelona C. I also preferred to stay in Catalunya. And there are some Terrassa players with whom I have played in the past."


Terrassa has confirmed the transfer, saying that Pau's contract with Barcelona has been dissolved but that Barcelona will still pay half of the salary of the goalkeeper.

Read more:
Barça B - Official: Rayo
Barça B: Luis Enrique building a new team
Barça B - Official: Dimas to Numancia

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search