Tuesday 10 June 2008

Pinto's first interview


Renewed Barcelona goal keeper José Manuel Pinto gave an interview to Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo last week. Some quotes:

You expected the renewal?
"There were some indications and I always kept hoping. When you give everything you can give, sooner or later you'll be rewarded for that. From the start I knew that if I worked hard, I would have a chance to stay here a little longer."

The club explained you why your contract was renewed?
"Sure. They said that they were very satisfied with my motivation, my work and my attitude, a bit of everything."

Do you think about becoming the first choice goal keeper?
"My goal is to live day by day, to live every day to the fullest. Making plans for the future is waisting the present. I give one hundred per cent in every training session, I don't worry about the rest. I'll be ready if I'll have to play."

You spoke with Jorquera?
"Of course, he was very happy for me, he congratulated me with the contract. It's gonna be a nice competition between the three goal keepers."

How is your relationship with Valdés?
"We connected very well from the start. There was a bound very soon, which isn't difficult if you're dealing with a good person. So as a team-mate, everyting is really fine. And as a player, he has great qualities. One always has things he can get better at and I try to learn from every player with whom I'm training. I've learned a lot of things from Víctor."


Read the first interview of Pinto when he came to Barcelona in January here


Read more:

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search