Thursday 12 June 2008

Giovani presented in Tottenham


Former Barcelona right wing attacker and Mexican international Giovani dos Santos (19) passed a medical and signed his contract with English Premier League club Tottenham earlier this week.

In an interview with the club's official website, Giovani says to be excited about his move to England: "It is a dream for me to come to a big club like Spurs. I've come here to further explore my qualities and give my all for my new team. As a young player I have come to a club where I feel there are many opportunities for me.

I have been made to feel very welcome since arriving at Spurs and everyone has been very friendly. This is clearly a big club with a lot of ambition, and I can see it growing in the future. It is great to see Spurs fans wearing the shirt on the streets of London. I came here because of the passion of the fans as well as the size of the club, and I'm very much looking forward to playing in England."


Tottenham manager Juande Ramos is looking forward to working with the player: "If Giovani progresses as we hope he will be a terrific player. This is a young player with a lot of potential, whom I have watched for some time and I am delighted he has joined the squad. For us it is an exciting signing because he has excellent quality, he operates well in different positions and, above all, is technically excellent."

And Tottenham sports director Damien Comolli is convinced the club has made a great transfer: "Giovani possesses a great combination of physical power and explosivity, along with fine technical skills. He is someone who can create and score goals. He is young but not without experience and will be a great asset for the Club. The fact we have a Spanish speaking coaching staff will help him adapt, settle quickly and I believe he has the skills to be successful in England."

Read more:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

""It is a dream for me to come to a big club like Spurs"

What the hell ??
You're going there from FC BARCELONA!

Anonymous said...

There's something with his hair...

I'm sure he can do great in the EPL actually.

blaugrana-till-i-die said...

lol HoW is tottenham hotspur a big club jesus christ!!!! dos santos uve moved from the worlds greatest to simly mediocre english football!!

i appreciate what juande ramos is tryin to do with the restructuring and reshaping of tottenham with modric and others but for dos santos its taking a step down in his career.

Anonymous said...

Well what do you expect him to say to his new club I left Barcelona cause of the way them piece of shit fan's treat it's player's?!

Anonymous said...

i agree with the above comment, he's not gonna say "Im only here cuz I know i'll start, hope to get back to barca in 2 years"....haha of course he's gonna praise his new club as any player would.

Anonymous said...

Gio left on his own terms. Clearly his heart was not with Barcelona. I just wish Barcelona could have gotten more for him in return. It seems like they shortchanged themselves in the end. I just don't understand what was the "rush" to transfer him even if his departure was inevitable this summer. Perhaps exhibiting a bit more patience could have led to a slightly greater windfall for Barcelona.

Anonymous said...

Hi...
Gio is a monocorde player. Only knows to penetrate from the right wing to the center. Don't ask him any other different think because he's unable.
He has not the knack for the goal and he's not an unselfish player. He couldn't bear the comparison with Bojan, much better player than him and even much better human being too.In fact, he became in a very bad Ronaldinho copy
I'm sure Hotspurs will release him even before the ending date of his contract.

Anonymous said...

I think Bojan got lucky, I never saw anything that I liked in Bojan and we are praising him too much. regardless, Gio plays a different position and the only time they played him in midfield he scored 3 goals, is that a sign maybe that he should never had played Fwd? I dont think Spurs will release him, I believe that Gio will score 15 goals next season and Barca stupid fans will regreat when Gio comes back to Madrid!!

Custom Search
 
Custom Search