Monday 9 June 2008

Caceres' first interview


New Barcelona defender Martín Cáceres gave an exclusive interview to the club's official media. Some quotes:

It has been a spectacular year for you. Last summer you came from Defensor and after a season with Recreativo you have now signed for Barça.
"Yes, obviously. I have a very short career until now. I have only being playing at the top level for two years so I am proud to have come so far, so fast. I am delighted to have spent a year with Recre and to now have moved to Barcelona."

What has playing for Recre done for your game?
"A great deal. Coming to play from Uruguayan football to Spanish means adapting to many differences. Villarreal loaned me there and I am very grateful they gave me that opportunity."

There is a lot of competition for a place in the team.
"Yes, I know. I am coming to a great club that has excellent players like Piqué, Milito, Puyol and Rafa Márquez. It is going to be hard, but I will do my best."

Do you think the fact that Barcelona is a big club will affect your adaptation?
"Actually, I don't think so. I am a calm and humble boy and I do not think all of this will affect me."

What kind of player are you?
"I am a young guy of 21 years old who is incredibly motivated. I'm quite fast. I have the typical Uruguayan style. I am strong and tough and I am good in the air."


Read the whole interview here

Read the first Gerard Piqué interview here
Read the first Seydou Keita interview here

2 comments:

jahjah2001 said...

welcome to the jungle Caceres'!

Anonymous said...

I must admit at first I was realy dissapointed to see Barcelona completely botch the Garay signing. But the more I see and hear from Caceres the more I'm convinced that Barca made the right decision. I'm sure some will argue that Garay's better - I can't realy say because I haven't seen him play much. But with Barcelona fast tracking Caceres perhaps he will develop quicker and prove to be a better player than Garay in a shorter amount of time? and who's to say that Caceres isn't a more talented player than Garay right now? Either way I'm quite comfortable with the signing and welcome him to the club with open arms.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search