Friday 9 January 2009

Toure leaves all future options open

Asked about the rumours linking him with a move to Manchester City or Arsenal (read more here), Barcelona defensive midfielder and Ivory Coast international Yaya Touré (25) has said to journalists after the cup game against Atlético Madrid that he doesn't think about a move now but that nothing can be excluded for the future:

"I play for Barcelona now and I don't think about these things. But I have a manager who works for me and thinks about all these things because for me the most important thing is the football. The important thing is I want to play. I want to tell you that I play football. My friend and manager sorts these things out for me. I'm more concentrated on the football.

When a big club call you it's very good for me because I'm an African player and when a big team like Arsenal and Manchester City call me I'm very happy because all African players want to go to a big club. But right now I play for Barcelona and I want to make everything work and then after I will see.

If I went to Arsenal I would of course go and play with my brother and I've thought about this for a long time. Two or three years ago I went there, but I didn't sign. Arsenal are a great team and that time when I went there they had Patrick Vieira, Thierry Henry, great players... I think now I'm playing at a big club with Barcelona, who are one of the best clubs in the world."

Asked about the rumour about Manchester City preparing an offer (read more here), Touré's agent Dimitri Seluk said in an interview with Catalan radio station Ràdio Kanal Barcelona that there hasn't been any contact with the English Premier League club:

"As Touré is one of the best players of the world at his position, it's normal that some clubs are interested in him. Manchester City is an ambitious club and they have money to spend but I didn't talk with them. They should first talk with Barça anyway. But Touré is happy at Barça, at this moment the best club in Europe, and he doesn't have the intention to leave."

British tabloid The Daily Star meanwhile claims that Touré could be used as part of an exchange deal with Arsenal, with Barcelona possibly planning to make a 50 million euro package bid for Arsenal players Cesc and Van Persie during next summer's transfer window (read more here).

Read more:
Bid from Manchester City for Toure
Toure is again an option for Arsenal
Touré considers transfer if he doesn't play more

4 comments:

Ramzi said...

Hey pep
You have an urgent call on my post about fabregas, Join me for a cup of whatever u drink at morning :)

pep said...

I don't drink in the morning, Ramzi. I only delete unappropriate comments...

Ramzi said...

Now I need to learn the habit of drinking nothing at the morning, it spoils my breakfast:)

No one dare talking to me about something serious till I have my coffee with half an our listening to Fayrouz - an old popular singer that call the sun to shine- then let the world come to me.

The world is coming again, so I will be back later on the blog...

pep said...

Now that's a coincidence... Later today I'll have a post about what the Barça players are listening to when they have their coffee in the morning. Illegaly of course cause Guardiola sure has forbidden them to drink it.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search