Thursday 8 January 2009

Agent Keita denies Marseille talks

Asked about the rumours linking Barcelona midfielder and Mali international Seydou Keita (28) with asummer move to Marseille (read more here), the player's agent Pascal Boisseau has denied in an interview with French newspaper Le Parisien that the midfielder considers an exit:

"The whole story is totally false. I have indeed been in contact with Marseille about some players regarding the winter transfer period, but Seydou wasn't discussed. And I don't see a reason for him to change anyway: he's playing with Barcelona, the best club of the planet! Bluntly speaking, it would just be ridiculous if we would be looking for a transfer at this moment."

Keita is also quoted by the French paper as rejecting the chance of going back to France: "Olympique Marseille already was interested in me when I played my last season at Lens, but now I don't want to return to France."

Read more:
Marseille goalkeeper Mandanda followed
Already pre-agreement with Keita in December
Marseille wants to sign Keita next summer

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search