Monday 14 July 2008

Gai disappointed about missing promotion

Asked about the fact that he's not one of the seven B players who will take part in the pre-season og the first team (read more here), Barcelona B left wing attacker and Israeli international Gai Assulin (17) has said to journalists in Israel that he had wanted to be part of that group:

"I won't deny that I am disappointed, but Guardiola is the coach who knows me best, so if he thinks it's too early then I have to respect that. Despite my disappointment, I will start the pre-season with the B team with a lot of motivation."

Confronted with the statements of the player, Barcelona manager Josep Guardiola suggested today at a press conference that he thought it was still a little too early to promote Gai: "I had to make a decision and I have selected those players of whom I thought that it was the right moment to take them with me."

Read more:
Barça B: Gai feels ready for first team
Seven B players will start season with first team
How things stand: Wing attackers

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gai will leave if he doesn't get frist team action. He will e a good replacement for Ronaldo.

Anonymous said...

Gai will join the first team next year, which is fine. He's only 17 ffs.

cojonudo said...

Well he's at least saying all the right things. Patience people. Forcing him to speed up his development will only jeapordize the future of his career. It would serve much more harm than good.

Anonymous said...

Remember Giovani. We shouldn't put him into the first team until he is ready to handle everything that goes with it.

Anonymous said...

17 years old,he should stay at barca b and develop

Custom Search
 
Custom Search