Thursday 27 August 2009

Renewal Guardiola postponed until next year

Asked about the renewal of the contract of Barcelona manager Josep Guardiola (38) (read more here), Barcelona president Joan Laporta has suggested in an interview with Catalan television channel TV3 that the talks will only start after the season:

"It is something that depends more on Pep than on the club. He has told us that he is feeling very comfortable with the current situation, and the decision will be made next year.

My term ends at the end of the season and Guardiola will at that moment still have a contract. I suppose that he will then find an agreement with the next president of FC Barcelona."

Read more:
First meeting on contract renewal Guardiola
Video of the day: Guardiola
Guardiola will have 'new board' clause in contract

12 comments:

tero said...

He keeps his options open,wise decision for now.

barca4life said...

I think this is best for all. Pep gets his chance to get the terms he wants with the new board, the new board get to pick their man, Barcelona dont have to pay any large compensation to pep. I'll say this, whichever campaign gets pep on their side will most definitely have an advantage.

Katalanos said...

Is Laporta trying to kiss Pep or what?

rObReV7 said...

I would!! haaha

Andréssibraviqué said...

Off Topic :
Stevan Jovetić of Fiorentina is real deal. He's gonna be the future star and would be in club of Pato, Balotelli, Bojan, etc. Yes you heard it here first he's gonna be the next big thing :)

Anonymous said...

here goes andressibra again coming up with all this shite, him and that bosnian are turning out to be big headaches...

Anonymous said...

by the way how is the relationship between laporta and pep?

anyone got any info about that?

Andréssibraviqué said...

Cut it out anony, I know I've been a li'l overboard saying we need a new winger... But I never said we need to buy an Aguero or Hulk or some body. I just saw Fiorentina vs Sporting last night and liked the kid very much. I obviously know he's no Barca material yet & I didn't mean 'we should sign Jovetic!' I just said he's a next big thing, liked his composure last night :)

Athul said...

Jovetic used to do wonders for me in FIFA 09 manager mode hehe

Andréssibraviqué said...

I saw a prodigy playing for the first time & so expressed my happiness on the blog... It seems that's not a very good idea with some fans around here

SimonP said...

It's not like you discovered him Andréss, he have been "the next big thing" for 2 years now. Scored in hattrick in a CL-qualifier at age 17. Real and United wanted his signature. At age 18 he were the captain of Partizan and 1 year ago Fiorentina paid 8 million euros for him...

The chance to get him for anything less then 20 million is long gone.

inieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesta said...

mmm i have been talking enough about jovetic, don't take too much honour there ;-)

Custom Search
 
Custom Search