Thursday 27 August 2009

Shakhtar goalkeeper Pyatov: "I'm not afraid"

Speaking to the club's official media, Shakhtar goalkeeper Andriy Pyatov commented on Friday's European super cup game against Barcelona:

"Like every football player I dreamt about playing games like the European Super Cup. I think it is quite a good thing to have dreams.

And there's just a little thing left for this dream to come true... Winning the trophy. If a dream is coming true, you have to do your best to make it totally come true.

But I wouldn't say this is the highest you can reach as a player. It is just one of the numerous things you want to achieve. The opponent? Well, Barcelona is Barcelona. But I do not feel any fear. Their team has the same line-up as last season and we did well then. We now have won two out of four games with Barcelona. I will give my best to make the balance come our way."

read more pre-match comments:
Pique - Xavi - Puyol - Lucescu - Guardiola

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucescu is an offensive minded coach, so I think it will be good attacking football by both sides. It is good that Dima is used to playing in a very offensive team.

Anonymous said...

I hate Pyatov-Arrognat and a bad keeper.

Anonymous said...

The last part of the first paragraph should read "... super cup game against Barcelona". Just a head's up.

Anonymous said...

Pyatov: "I'm not afraid! But I'm VERY afraid!"

lol

pep said...

Thanks, Anony, changed that!

Anonymous said...

Why are they still bragging about their win last year ? I thought they beat a Barça B side and in the first game Messi beat them single-handedly in five minutes !!

mike in africa said...

anony upstairs, he's not bragging. but merely mentioning a fact to show confidence and boost morale. why do u feel so insecure?

Anonymous said...

I through that Pletikosa was at Shakhtar - where is he now? I remember him as a good keeper.

Barca nerd-fan said...

He will be afraid when Barca hits 10 in the net and when Ibra teaches him a kung fu lesson.

tero said...

Ibra should score...would be a great relief to both Zlatan and us fans

Custom Search
 
Custom Search