Saturday 29 August 2009

Chygrynskiy: "I could sign contract on Sunday"

Speaking to journalists after the European Super Cup game against Barcelona yesterday, Shakhtar Donetsk players Dmytro Chygrynskiy and Vasyl Kobin commented on the match.


Chygrynskiy
"It was a rather unusual situation, playing against a team you know will be yours in a few days time. But when the game started, I had a cool head. A lot of people have talked a lot about me in recent days and I have tried to deal with it as good as I can. I have tried not to think too much about it.

We've played well against a great team. In the end, we lost but that's not the end for this team. We have still the league and the Europa League left. I think I will travel to Barcelona on Sunday for the medical tests. I hope everything will be fine by then and that I will be able to sign my contract."

Kobin
"I think we played well today. Actually we managed to do everything the coach had asked us and during the whole match we didn't allow Barcelona to create something near our goal. Except for the goal, of course. I didn't change my shirt after the match. Before the game I decided that this shirt would remain with me to remember because these games are somewhat special...

Yes, I remember the action where I could have finished the attack with a shot. Jadson and I understood each other very well there, he allowed me to be in a scoring position. But I had a full-back chasing me in my back and the distance to the goal was long. So I decided to pass."

read more post match reactions:
Guardiola - Lucescu - Pedro - Rat - Gai - Valdés - Alves - Ibrahimovic

13 comments:

Sachincule said...

chyggy was great yesterday, looks to be a great buy :-)

fcbee said...

Let's not forget that playing in a parked bus has nothing to do with playing at Barça... So I wouldn't draw any conclusions from yesterday's game.

Ethan said...

If we have Puyol, Pique, and now chiggy, who will sit on the bench?

TengkuAmir10 said...

Exactly Ethan!Spot on.But Chyggy is 22 years old,He can expect a bench role at Barca.

Marc4barca said...

fcbee speaks the truth. he maybe be able to defend in shaktar cause they packed their defence but in barcelona where offense is our priority and defenders spread far apart with teams on the counter how will he fare. will he be a puyol or will he be caceres?

Dolce said...

Dont be so naive and try to turn Barca´s strength into weakness. You need many CBs because there are injuries, suspensions and because season is very long, you must rotate players. You cant deny the fact that Barca needs more quantity. If and when Barca doesnt sign any other players this summer, signing Chygrynskiy is well worth the risk. If he is any good, then he will play a lot more than Caceres last season

David said...

It's not just those 3 players, It's Marquez too. He was our best defender last year imo, and I doubt that Chyggy is better than him with the ball.

It's probably a good buy for the future, but remember that the most important thing for a defender in our team is that he has good positional sense and that he is fast; and that's Chygrynsky's weak attributes I've read.

Dave said...

Dolce

But the central defender is the only position where we do have depth, 3 world class players, Henrique and 2 great youngsters. Especially Muniesa should be able to get some minutes this season already, and not be blocked by Pique and Chygrynsky for 10 years.

tero said...

Can chiggy play CL in barca colours??

fcbee said...

No, he cannot this season.

Barca2009 said...

and what would be Chygrynskiy's jersey number in Barca?........

trez said...

Who cares about the number? Really.

Jason said...

Chiggy iggy is a natural born Sweeper.Excellent 1 on 1 player.tackling is awesome,positioning is above average,a hardworking player,young,great in the air,excellent physique.

Barca will be well balanced this season,last season were a bit small,thats why we struggled against the likes of chelsea. thats the main reason we need huge players like ibra n yaya toure in our team.

we WILL be great than last season.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search