Tuesday 25 August 2009

Vidic dismisses new Barcelona rumours

Asked about the new rumours linking him with a move to Barcelona (read more here), Manchester United central defender and Serbian international Nemanja Vidic (27) is quoted by British newspaper The Times as dismissing all the exit rumours:

"The first thing to say is that I have personally never said anything about Barcelona or Real Madrid or AC Milan or any club. It's other people speaking about it. I never speak about my future.

On Saturday, I showed at Wigan on the pitch by how I played how happy I am at this club. Anyone who is a fan of United or the players would only have to see how I played to know how committed I am to United. It's also not true that my wife is not happy in England. I don’t know how that rumour came out.

I spoke with my agent. I know about all the rumours about me, but I don't want it to have an impact on the club. It's not a good time for my club to be hearing those rumours. I'm here and I'm committed. I'll show that with how I play in matches. But I will never speak about my future and I will never talk about moving to other clubs."

Read more:
Vidic welcomes Barcelona interest
Barcelona has been in contact with 22 players
Vidic agent denies Barcelona statements

4 comments:

Andréssibraviqué said...

Vidic - I know about all the rumours about me, but I don't want it to have an impact on the club. It's not a good time for my club to be hearing those rumours

Spoke like a true professional, even though he earns VERY less at ManUtd. But as a player I HATE him man. Those "professional" fouls that he does & then the ugly look he portrays when given a foul, just disgusts me. We do NOT need him. He doesn't suit our play at all

barca nike said...

If Bruno Alves is old than Vidic is old becuse both will turn 28 this year, and a lot of people are whinning a bout Bruno Alves's age.

Anonymous said...

i dont think that vidic is a player for barcelona... it wont happen ... we have more need in a good defensive midfielder than a full defender... sry for my bad english ;P

tero said...

This same story has been here thousand times,only different newspapers and slightly different quotes...he's not coming,end of story.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search