Saturday 7 March 2009

Gudjohnsen has no intention to leave

Asked about the continuous rumours over the past years linking him with an exit, Barcelona attacker and Iceland international Eidur Gudjohnsen (30), whose contract expires in 2010, has said in an interview with football site Goal that at this moment he has no intention to leave the club:

"I am a lot more confident this season and I am playing more games. Last summer I spoke to Guardiola and he told me that he wanted me to stay and that gave me confidence, and now I am playing better this year. I do not officially know if I have played more games, but I am enjoying my time this season a lot more.

I really like the city and being here so I am happy. I know that every year things are said, but I have not wanted to leave Barcelona. I think it is normal in football for there to be stories, but with Guardiola coming in and telling me he wanted me that was a big thing.

I would nevertheless love to play at PSV Eindhoven again. I think it is a really good club and I was treated very well during my time there. Maybe I do not have the best memories, given that I was injured a lot, but I learned a lot at the club. But I do not want to go back now of course, because I am playing for Barcelona and I want to stay here and win things."

Read more:
PSV interested in Gudjohnsen
Barcelona plans few changes in the summer
Everton interested in Gudjohnsen

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

why god why????? seriusly now guddy its time to move on,you are here what now 2-3 seasons i dont remember,you are warming the bench,you are slowing the team down when you are in and i would prefer even crosas in the field.nuff said ty for your work but go to newcastle or sth

Anonymous said...

that's wrong, guddi is a very good player. he's not a catalan but look at his passes. they always arrive the partner. he's a hard worker and he has some kind of intelligence in game understanding. he is working hard for the team. he's always running his 10 km per game if he plays 90 min.

he is not a messi but he is really good. and after all the time on the bench he never said a word. i like him as a footballer and as a person.

hope he will stay and end his career here.

Anonymous said...

I agree with anoy i think he is a good player and the fact that he sits on the bench majority of the time and dosnt complain just shows what kind of person he is, and barca and every other team can do with more people like Guddy. Sure he hasnt performed aswell a couple of times but he has played well on a few games. At the end of the season if he performs well i say keep him, if he fails to perform than we might have to let him go, but i love his spirit.

sashi said...

nope... Guddy is at his prime age... 30 and he shud touch his best... but he's sitting and warming up our bench... may be he will get in touch after he starts 3 or 4 matches continuously but we cant afford to let him start 3 or 4 matches continuously... who would u drop? Xavi? Iniesta? Toure? Guddy... sorry to say this but it would be better for u n for us if u leave this summer...

Anonymous said...

Please, leave...

Ramzi said...

It reminds me of an old old song...

Stuck on you!

Anonymous said...

really like him as a squad player, can't ask for better. does sometimes look out of place in midfield, but who wouldn't next to xavi and iniesta? got to remember he's only been midfielder for about five years, since chelsea, before that all his career spent as striker. i'd like him to stay as he always gives his all, and i'd prefer that to some money-grabbing egotist like ronaldo. but maybe would be better for him to go where ALL the fans appreciate him.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search