Wednesday 23 July 2008

Henrique will sign today

Palmeiras central defender and Brazilian international Henrique Adriano Buss (21) arrived yesterday in Barcelona and underwent the medical tests in the presence of a doctor appointed by Bayer Leverkusen, the club where the defender will play on loan next season (read more here). This morning, Henrique is expected to sign a five-year contract.


In a first reaction to journalists, Henrique showed his satisfaction with the transfer: "Every player dreams about playing for a club like Barcelona, so I'm obviously very happy about this move. I didn't yet talk with Guardiola, I just arrived and that has not been possible yet. I would describe myself as a young player who is mentally and technically strong.

I'm aware that I still have to develop further and that's what I'm going to do in Germany. I think the loan is a good thing, it will be my first experience outside Brazil and it will give me the chance to adapt to European football. I will work hard, so that I will be able to play for Barcelona soon. I chose myself to go to Bayer Leverkusen. I had several offers from other clubs, including from the Primera División, but I decided to join Bayer basically because of their way of playing."

Read the complete Henrique transfer story from the first rumours until the official confirmation

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search