Thursday 24 July 2008

Barça B - Official: Verdes

Barcelona has today officially announced the transfer of Xerez central defender Héctor Verdes (22), who will play for Barcelona Atlètic (previously known as Barcelona B) next season. Second division club Xerez had already announced the deal yesterday.


Verdes, who joined Xerez last year arriving from Valencia B, underwent the medical tests yesterday and participated already in the yesterday afternoon training session under coach Luis Enrique. The Spanish defender is, after Rayo, Solano and Nolito, the fourth signing of Barcelona Atlètic this summer (read more here).


In a first reaction to the club's official media, Verdes says that he doesn't consider the transfer as a step back despite going from a second to a third division team: "Joining a club like Barcelona is an important move in my career despite dropping back a league compared to last season. I see this as a little step back to then afterwards make a big step forward."

Verdes explains some more about the kind of player he is: "I'm an aggressive player with good heading abilities. I try to take advantage of my physical strength. Despite my young age I think I can bring some experience to the team and help out the younger players because I have played in the second division with Xerez. My priority now is to get to know my new team-mates and to adapt to the group as soon as possible."

Read more:

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search