Thursday 23 October 2008

Toure denies exit rumours

Asked about the rumours linking him with a January exit (read more here), Barcelona defensive midfielder and Ivory Coast international Yaya Touré (25) has said today at a press conference that he doesn't want to leave the club:

"I'm relaxed about all this because I'm very happy here and the same goes for my family. I'm happy to play for Barcelona because my objective is to be at a big club and Barcelona is one. I don't want to leave. I'm very happy at this club and I love to wear this shirt.

My agent apparently said something but I was with the national team and I was concentrating on that and working, which is the most important thing. What he says is not my problem, my problem is to play well on the pitch because I want to win a trophy with Barcelona.

I have talked with the coach and he told me that he has confidence in me. Like the other players, I'm a professional. The important thing is to work hard during the games and the training sessions so you can play as much as possible.

I think the coach is doing a good job. There are a lot of great players. This is an excellent team that plays great football. There are young quality players like Bojan and Busquets. We have a top squad and we can win every trophy. The most important thing now is to win against Almeria and get the three points. We cannot fail again this year."

Read more:
Touré considers transfer if he doesn't play more
Barcelona doesn't consider Toure transfer
Xabi Alonso main candidate to replace Toure

6 comments:

pep said...

Adding that he's not injured and fit for the next game.

Anonymous said...

Toure is a good guy, a great player and i hope that he will stay at barcelona und does really not think of an exit.

Anonymous said...

He had a terrific game yesterday. Good to see him back in his form.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure he will stay in janury... Although it wouldn't surpris me he would elave in the summer. This guys just loves playing and not just one out of three games, but every game.

Anonymous said...

I don't think Yaya is going anywhere. Pep will not rush Keith back and with Copa de Rey starting up (along with La Liga and Champions League), everyone will get plenty of opportunities in the coming months.

Additionally, the depth of Barca this year is why I feel this team is special. Pep's rotations will keep the players fresh while other teams will breakdown.

Anonymous said...

I bet he leaves. Shame though.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search