Sunday 27 July 2008

Barça B - Youth: Fasciana arrives this weekend

Venezuelan football site Balonazos claims that Unión Atlética Maracaibo midfielder and Venezuelan youth international Franco Fasciana (18) travelled this weekend to Barcelona, where he will join Barcelona after having signed a two-year contract to play for Barcelona Atlètic (read more here).

In an interview with the site, Fasciana said that he was delighted about the transfer: "The first contact with Barcelona was established by my agent Pablo Marín. I'm very happy to leave for Spain, it's an incredible chance for me. I leave with the motivation to be part of the first team one day. I know it won't be easy but with hard work and modesty it should be possible.

I know it will be a huge change, because I will have to adapt to another culture, another atmosphere. But I'm ready for it. I hope that Jeffren, who is also Venezuelan and who is now doing the pre-season with the first team, will support me and help me to adapt fast."

Venezuelan sports paper Líder nevertheless claims that Fasciana will play with Barcelona's Juvenil A team and will start to work with the group on Monday. The player seems to confirm that to the paper: "The next step will be Barcelona B and I'm jsut one step away. I've signed for two years and I think that will give me enough time to prove my worth.


Barcelona saw me at the South American U-17 championship last year, they talked with my agent and they have been following me since then. I'm happy because this is one of the things I've dreamed of since I was a little boy. I couldn't let this opportunity pass and I plan to give everything to succeed."

Read more:
Barça B: Franco Fasciana (UA Maracaibo)
Youth: Josua Benitez (Laguna)
Youth: Douglas Costa de Souza (Gremio)

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search