Tuesday 3 June 2008

Barça B: Franco Fasciana (UA Maracaibo)

Unión Atlética Maracaibo defensive midfielder and Venezuelan youth international Franco Fasciana (18) has said in an interview with Venezuelan radio station Radio Deporte that he will join Barcelona B next season: "A dream comes true. I didn't expect it. I knew that they were following me but I didn't think everything would go that fast. I think this is my big opportunity. I'm aware it will be difficult to get to the first team, but I will give everything to achieve that."

Barcelona scouted Fasciana, whose grandfather was a Venezuelan international, when he played the South American U-17 championship in March last year. The two parties kept in touch and with his current contract having expired on the 31st of May, Fasciana can now leave his club for free.

The Venezuelan midfielder, who made this year his debut with the first team of Maracaibo when he only was 17 years old, will travel next month to Spain. Fasciana signed a semi-professional contract for two years.


The deal was closed by Pablo Martínez, one of the agents of Fasciana. His other agent, Juan Mata, declared that Barcelona was not the only interested club: "Several Spanish teams wanted him, but we think that Barcelona is the right place for him to keep on developing."

Read more:
Which B players will Guardiola take with him?
Youth: Douglas Costa de Souza (Gremio)
Luis Enrique to coach Barcelona B

2 comments:

blaugranafan said...

Nice blog. I just came across it. I'll certainly be back in the future!

pep said...

Thanks for the compliment. Good luck with yours!

Custom Search
 
Custom Search