Sunday 22 February 2009

Van Persie wants to win trophies

Asked about how things stand with his renewal negotiations, Arsenal winger and Dutch international Robin van Persie (25), whose contract with Arsenal expires in 2010 and who has been linked with a move to Barcelona (read more here), has said in an interview with British tabloid The Sun that he will sign a new contract if his club shows ambition:

"Financially the last offer made by the club is fine but that isn’t everything for me. It’s about my ambitions and how they can be fulfilled in the coming years. The club and I want the same and it is our intention we achieve that.

Arsenal have promised me they will do everything possible to make that extra step to a level where we win prizes on a regular basis. In the last four years I’ve had only one prize, the FA Cup, and that’s not enough. I want to achieve more and I feel I can play an important role in bringing Arsenal to a higher level."

Read more:
Guardiola denies Van Persie-Hleb swap offer
Barcelona moving for Arsenal trio
Van Persie to replace Henry next summer

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search