Thursday 26 February 2009

Barça B: Jeffren satisfied with U-21 debut

Asked about his debut with the Spanish under-21 national team earlier this month (read more and watch a video here), Barcelona Atlètic winger Jeffren Suárez (21) looked back at his debut in an interview with Tenerife local newspaper La Opinión:

"To make your debut with Spain Under-21 is special. I actually felt really good. I left the pitch with a satisfied feeling. I even had two chances to score, which is not bad at all in little more than half an hour.

Of course I would have liked to play a little more, but I'm not complaining because I know how hard it is to get there. It's not bad at all to have gotten the chance to play my first game on that level. I will now keep on working with the hope of being part of the squad in the coming official games but I know it won't be easy.

I already knew almost all the players, except for two or three, so from that point of view thigns were quite positive. Although it was a different experience then when I played with the Under-19. We're talking about another level here and my personal situation is also different.

Some of the players I played with in the Under-19, like Piqué, Mata or Capel, were lucky to be promoted a little faster but I really think that I'm on the right way. I feel really good after coming back from the last injry I suffered (read more here). I've noticed an important change, even mentally, in the way I'm dealing with things. Physically, I've also made a lot of progress.

I can play and I have playe
d on both wings, although lately I'm playing more on the right. For me, it's the same where I play but it's true that I feel more comfortable on the right. The chance to get to the first team of Barcelona is there, although I'm the first to recognize that it's very, very complicated at this moment."

Read more:
Difficult 'Spain or Venezuela' choice for Jeffren
Barça B: Victor Vazquez and Jeffren sign renewal
International: Jeffren and Botia make U21 debut

No comments:

Custom Search
 
Custom Search