Thursday 25 December 2008

Transfer history: Xavi was close to Milan

Barcelona attacking midfielder and Spanish international Xavi (28) has revealed in an interview with Catalan radio station Catalunya Ràdio that he was close to joining AC Milan one decade ago:

"After winning the under-20 World Cup in 1999, I was staying with the under-21 national team and I remember I signed authorizations for my agent and my father to negotiate with Milan.

We talked with Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani and he offered me twice the salary I earned at Barça. He told me about the team they were building, that I would be a fixed starter...

But my family, and especially my mother who was the one who was most against me leaving, was decisive in my final decision to stay. Of course, it was also my dream to triumph at Barça one day."


Read more:
Transfer history: Ferguson (Manchester United)
Xavi is top target for Manchester United
Transfer history: Denilson (Palmeiras)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mother always knows best

Custom Search
 
Custom Search