Tuesday 23 December 2008

Busquets delighted with renewal

When leaving the club's offices after signing his contract renewal until 2013 (read more here), Barcelona midfielder and Spanish youth international Sergio Busquets (20) has said to journalists that he's delighted with the extension of his contract:

"I'm very happy. This is what I've always dreamt of since I was a child. Suddenly the right circumstances were there.

Everything has been going really fast over the past months. Last season, I was playing with Barcelona B in the fourth division, this year I did the pre-season with the first team, the coach gave me playing minutes and I took the chance.

I will keep on working like I have done before. You'll keep on seeing the same Sergio Busquets as you've been seeing until this day. I still need to continue getting better and to learn from all of my teammates and coaches."

Read the complete Busquets renewal story from the first negotiations until the signature






3 comments:

barca nike said...

http://zerozero.eu/edicao.php?id_edicao=2348 for spanish third division(barcelona b)

Ramzi said...

he is showing good Signs that he will be the next big thing for Barcelona, we really passed a critical situation regarding his contract conditions before extension, hope we learn from this.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Ramzi...it seems strange to me that Pep did'nt talk with the board concerning Busquets proposed merging with the first team. Although it happend very fast so maby there was'nt time. In the future he should at least prepare them if he intends to put he's money on someone in the b-team so that the contract can be adjusted before it happens. That way they can save a lot of headakes trying to negotiate with a player that's already made he's breakthrough.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search