Friday 26 December 2008

Crosas feels ready for Old Firm

Celtic Glasgow midfielder Marc Crosas (20) has declared to journalists that he's fit to return to action against Rangers on Saturday.

Crosas has been sidelined from first-team action since pulling up with a torn hamstring on 18 October. On Monday, he emerged unscathed after a reserve game:

"I needed to play that 90 minutes and I feel good now. The conditions were bad, but we can't choose the conditions we play in. The manager had explained he did not want to take a risk with me last Sunday. He always explains everything to the players.

It's the worst injury I've had. I was out for two months and that is the longest I've ever been unable to play. When it happened, I thought I'd be out for four or five weeks, so I got really annoyed when it became eight weeks. But I feel 100 per cent again. And, after the reserve's game, I feel I'm ready for the first team.


But it's the manager who must make the decision. Now we play Rangers, and I'm fit for that, as I would be for any game. I already have experience of the Ibrox stadium since I played there with Barça, but I know it's a special atmosphere in a game like Saturday's.

On Sunday, I will then play with Catalonia against Colombia. Representing Catalonia is always a great honour for me. I've always said that if my recovery was going well and the club was okay with me going, I would be available to play."

Marc Crosas joined Celtic Glasgow in 2008. Since Barcelona can buy Crosas back in the summer of 2010 for two million euro, this blog will follow the performances of the midfielder over the next two years (read more here).

Read more:
Crosas wants to return to action this month
Barcelona could make Crosas return in 2010
International: Four players called up for Catalonia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not the start that i hoped for
but it's expected cuz he's young and playing in the most physical league in the world
i hope that things turn up for him

Custom Search
 
Custom Search