Tuesday 16 September 2008

Trezeguet rejected Barcelona interest

Asked about the rumours linking hilm with a move to Barcelona this summer (read more here), Juventus forward David Trezeguet (30) has said in an interview with Italian newspaper La Repubblica that he had rejected the interest of Barcelona:

"Guardiola has called me and he wanted me for his new project. I've replied him that I was honoured by the proposal but that I didn't have suffered with Juventus in the Serie B to leave the club now the beautiful moments are again coming. I've made history in this club and I want to keep on doing that. With time pasing by and the opportunities dimishing, I quickly want to win more trophies with Juventus."

In an interview with French television channel France 2 a few days earlier,Trezeguet had confirmed the contacts for the first time: "Barcelona contacted me this summer and wanted me to join them. But even when a big club like that is interested, I don't want to leave Juventus."

Read more:
Barcelona president denies Trezeguet interest
Thinking about Eto'o-Trezeguet swap
Barcelona insisting for Trezeguet

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he didn't come to Barca. His time is over, just like Henry's. Barca need fresh young blood.

memo said...

Sure sure, the way i heard it he was asking Henry how life in Barcelona was, cuz we all know he was interested. But im glad WE CHOSE not to pursue him

Custom Search
 
Custom Search