Friday 19 September 2008

Guardiola called Trezeguet this summer

Asked about the rumours linking him with Barcelona earlier this year (read more here), Juventus forward David Trezeguet (30) has repeated in an interview with Italian television channel Sky Sport that Barcelona manager Josep Guardiola called him this summer:

"Guardiola wanted me to be part of his new project at Barcelona, he said he liked my football qualities and he asked about my availability to move to Barcelona for the new season.


I have been very clear with him because I have never felt the need to leave Juventus. He respected my wish and Juventus has also be very clear about the issue. For me it was very important to know that Barcelona was following me, because it means that you are working well."

Read more:
Barcelona president denies Trezeguet interest
Thinking about Eto'o-Trezeguet swap
Trezeguet rejected Barcelona interest

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and we, los culés, are so happy that you stayed in Juve. Keep it up, we don't want you.

Ramzi said...

He would have been an answer for barcelona in box problem, if he was 5 years younger.

Phoenix said...

I wonder why Barca never considered Zlatan Ibrahimovic. I think he is an excellent striker and can also be really good in assists.

Ramzi said...

phoenix i dont think inter will let him leave...
beside I have some question marks about his personality, if it really fit whats needed for barcelona, but no doubt he have the quality.

I dont think He is not a player barcelona can buy.

Anonymous said...

Ibra's name came up very briefly, but never seriously. But he's definitely the business.

Anonymous said...

I thank the heavenly lord that we didn't go after Zlatan. I hate that guy.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search