Tuesday 16 September 2008

Crosas thinks moving to Celtic was right choice

Asked about his first start of the season for Celtic this weekend, former Barcelona midfielder Marc Crosas has said in an interview with Scottish tabloid Daily Record that he is very satisfied with how things are going at the moment and that he's convinced he made the right choice:

"Some people in Spain felt I had made a mistake when I came to Scotland to play for Celtic. They didn't rate the style of football or the level but I think they are wrong. We may not have the stars that Barcelona have - Messi, Bojan and Xavi - but not many teams do. What we do have is a very strong side that is very much together. We can play many styles of football.

We can pass the ball to feet and score some great goals. We can get physical, we can play it down the flanks or when we need we can play along ball. To me that is the mark of a top quality side and not a team that doesn't suit my style of football. It also proves my theory that the ball is just as round at Celtic as it is at Barcelona or as it would be in Brazil. On our day we can be just as exciting to watch as any side and Barcelona would have been happy to play the way we did at Motherwell.

What makes it even more amazing is the way we were able to produce that level of football after a big defeat to Rangers. It didn't take us any time to recover from that defeat and again that shows just how strong this side is. It makes me believe we could have a really good season and I hope I get the chance to play a big part in it.

Starting against Motherwell has given me a real taste for it. I'm desperate to play on Wednesday in the Champions League - it would be an amazing night for me. But I know the manager has so many options and that just under-lines my point - this is a big club with big ambitions and I'm delighted with my decision to move to Scotland.

We have the potential to do well in Champions league competition but we will lose focus if we start talking about reaching the last sixteen or the quarter-finals. The only thing that matters now is a win on Wednesday.

I already have great experiences from this competition but most of them are as a fan, not a player. I was in Paris two years ago with my friends to watch Barca lift the trophy. I was playing for the Barcelona second team at the time so I went as a fan, wearing my scarf and singing the songs. They are my team, my first love, and to see them win the biggest prize in football was amazing. But nothing could compare to playing for Celtic at this level.

If I get the chance on Wednesday I will be very proud and excited to play in front of that crowd. I have said before I felt Celtic fans were up there as the best in the world. I can't say for certain they are the best in the world because I've never seen football fans in Argentina but they are definitely the best in Europe. Their support will be crucial in the Champions League. They can drive us on with their backing but we can't look beyond the first game against Aalborg."

Since Barcelona can buy Crosas back in the summer of 2010 for two million euro (read more here), this blog will follow the performances of the midfielder over the next two years. Read more on Crosas' performances this season here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was very much impressed with yesterday win, even though there was problem wit d top striker. i hope we will improve.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search