Thursday 29 May 2008

Renewal offer for Pinto

Spanish local newspaper El Faro de Vigo claims that Barcelona sports director Txiki Begiristain has offered Barcelona goal keeper and Celta Vigo loan out José Manuel Pinto (32) a one-year renewal offer.


Pinto, who still has two years left on his Celta contract, is considering the offer and will give Barcelona a reply in the coming days. If he accepts the offer, Barcelona will not have to pay an extra fee to Celta since the option to buy Pinto 'for free' was included in the 500 000 euro° loan deal (read more here).

Although Barcelona sports director Txiki Begiristain told at a press conference last week that Pinto would not be offered a renewal (read more here), Pinto said in an interview with Barcelona sports paper Sport yesterday that no final decision on his future had been taken yet: "I know that the club is talking with my agent and the rumours that I won't stay are not true. Nobody has said to me that I will not continue, the negotiations are still ongoing. I know that the club is satisfied with my work but I think that they have other priorities at this moment. I would sure like to stay longer."

Pinto came on loan to Barcelona in January to replace substitute goal keeper Albert Jorquera who got injured. Despite only having played three games, he says that his time in Barcelona has been "an incredible experience" on a personal level.

Read more:

1 comment:

pep said...

500 000 euro =

800 000 us dollar
400 000 british pound

Custom Search
 
Custom Search