Thursday, 15 May 2008

Deal on Argentinian international Palacio close

Catalan sports site Info Esports claims that Barcelona is close to reach an agreement on the transfer of Boca Juniors forward and Argentinian international Rodrigo Palacio (26) (read more here).


Barcelona sports director Txiki Begiristain would have closed a deal with Palacio's agent, Roberto Depietri. Boca wants the player to stay until the end of the Clausura competition (last match on June 15th) and the Copa Libertadores (final on July 2nd). The transfer could be announced in the coming days.

Madrid sports tabloid As claims that the deal is totally agreed upon by all parties and that it has been negotiated by Barcelona external adviser Joan Patsy. Palacio, who has been close to joining Barcelona several times in the last years, would sign a contract that will link him to Barcelona for the next four seasons.

As and Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo claim that Boca Juniors had initially been asking a transfer fee of 20 million euro, with the latter suggesting that the Argentinian club was expected to accept an offer of 15 million euro. As reports that there was an agreement for 12 million euro° but that Boca now wants to add five million euro more to that price. Info Esports claims that Boca Juniors will receive 17 million euro° for the transfer of Argentinian international Palacio.

Read more:

7 comments:

pep said...

° 17 million euro =

30 million us dollar
15 million british pound


12 million euro =

20 million us dollar
10 million british pound

groga said...

Anybody knows more about the guy? Why would he still be in his home country at 26 when he's good enough for us?

marc said...

The guy can score.. and he is old to be coming across the pond for the first time.. but I think it has more to do with his loyalty to his club that raised him (boca) than to his lack of abillity. Go figure a modern day footballer turning down multi million dollar moves to stay with his home club

Anonymous said...

He is not Barca quality, we don't need him, hope this is not true.

Anonymous said...

I don't know much about this guy so I don't want to sound overly judgemental or critical of him. But unless he can show the ability to play as a left winger I realy don't understand the logic in this move? From what I've been able to gather so far he seems more comfortable as a (lone, upfront) central striker. If that's the case consider it a waste of money, only to add another player to an already overcrowded position. Again, I'm not judging him per se, but rather Barcelona's rationale for this transfer considering the team's dire need for a left winger.

Anonymous said...

Quality player with great technique and great pace but as the person above me has said, we really don't need this sort of player.we already have a pacey striker available in henry and even if he leaves eto'o is there and bojan definitely has the backup spot cemented.however, he does occasionally play in wide positions but henry can do that too and we clearly saw how good that is.

Anonymous said...

Could be a good move if Henry and Eto'o are indeed as good as gone.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search