Thursday 5 February 2009

Abidal doesn't want to be part of Benzema deal

Asked about his future and the rumours linking him with a return to Lyon (read more here), Barcelona left back defender and French international Eric Abidal (29) has said in an interview with French newspaper Le Parisien that he wants to stay for the next two years with Barcelona:

"I could well finish my career when my contract with Barcelona expires in 2011. Every player is different. Nedved is still playing at the age of 36, while Sagnol has just stopped at the age of 31.


As far as I’m concerned, I feel that my body is not responding as it used to, despite the quality of Barcelona’s medical staff. So to stop in 2011 is an option, but at the same time and being a competitor, I know that I will have the desire to keep on playing. We will see when the time is there.

Returning to Lyon in a swap deal with Benzema? I’m not a piece of meat, nor small change. I understand that Barça is interested in 'Coco' (Benzema's nickname), and they are right to be, but I won’t be part of the deal. I don’t wish to leave Barcelona in the next two years.

I actually don't know if it would be such a good idea for Benzema to join Barcelona. He will be great next season but he needs to play. While, at Barça, it's probably harder to do that because of the competition. Where do you want to put him? On Eto'o's position? The same goes for Franck Ribéry. Barça wants him, but he won't play instead of Henry. And I don't see Henry leaving one year before the World Cup."


Read more:
Lyon wants to resign Abidal next summer
Barcelona will sign left back next summer
Cash plus Abidal bid for Benzema on the table

16 comments:

Filip said...

I dont like Abidal.... he is always negative...

Anonymous said...

what is _ve in all he said? He is jst sensible. deal with it m8

Anonymous said...

clear words!

Anonymous said...

Very clear!!! i like the way he said...pretty straight forward

Jnice said...

He's not that sensible, Ribery would definitely play over Henry, what is he talking about? About Benzema he may be right, but about Ribery, no.

Anonymous said...

I love Bilal Abidal. He´s the only straight-shooting guy Barcelona has, when it comes to interviews. I don´t wanna see him leave, I love having him in the squad. He´s brutal, firm as a mountain. As Bilal himself put it; he ain´t no piece of meat, nor is he small change; he´s Eric Bilal Abidal!

Anonymous said...

Jnice, dont quit youyr day job. You might not make a good coach. So assuming we get Ribery today, you would jsut throw Henry on the bench, not looking at the present form? Abidal has spoken wisely. He is too Mature to hide what he thinks is right, and on this occassion he is damn right.

Anonymous said...

+ if Messi said what Abidal siad, many people would have agreed..lol..

Jnice said...

I never claimed to be a coach, but 12 goals or not Henry isn't better than Ribery and everyone knows that. Ribery can take on players with ease, something that Henry struggles to do. Sorry but Henry is nearing the end of his career, Ribery next year would be great. I'm not saying right now, but for next season, definitely. Why would you assume we got him today? This is about next season noubarca. Abidal is not damn right.

Anonymous said...

I agree with noubarca, keep your day job Jnice and also agree that if Messi would have said anything like this this blog would be full of praise.

Jnice said...

lol fine attack me, but that Ribery comment would be stupid had it been Messi, Pep, or anybody else. Why are we assuming he would come in now? I'm talking about next season, you can't assume if the good or bad Henry will show up, but either way, Ribery is a better player and would eventually make his way into the starting 11.

Anonymous said...

Abidal lives five years back...

Anonymous said...

Top scorers
NAME BL CL DFB
Toni 9 1 1
Klose 6 5 2
Ribéry 6 1 1


stats.. I belive we all like it.

who lives in the past?

Anonymous said...

Let Bilal stay and Lyon & Benzema should make their minds on the sell or no sell of the player.

Anonymous said...

Abidal just protects his mate. No problem with that. It's not as if he will decide the line-up.

Jnice said...

RIbery is not all about goals Noubarca, lets be serious. Ribery is the maestro of that team and is asked to set up Toni and Klose more than score. It all depends on the role he's given.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search