Wednesday 17 December 2008

Undecided Keirrison happy with Barcelona link

Asked about the rumours linking him with a move to several top clubs among which Barcelona (read more here), Coritiba forward and Brazilian youth international Keirrison de Souza Carneiro (20) has said in an interview with Brazilian site Terra that his future is still undecided:

"It's difficult to say if I want to continue in Brazil or move already to Europe. We're going to analyze the offers when they come in. I sure am happy with the interest of Palmeiras and some foreign clubs that are mentioned, like Real Madrid and Barcelona.

I want to stay with Coritiba until my contract expires in April. There has been some misunderstanding after I signed a contract with the Traffic agency, but I will respect my contract. My future is still undecided. I don't worry about it and I'm just waiting to see what will happen. My desire is to stay until April. And then later we will make the right decision and everybody will know about it in due course."

Catalan sports paper Sport claims that sports marketing agency Traffic could make Keirrison follow the same path as his compatriot Henrique, who left Coritiba for Palmeiras in January of this year. The Brazilian central defender joined Barcelona last summer before being loaned out to German club Bayer Leverkusen (read more here).

Read more:
Possible deal on Brazilian striker Keirrison
Coritiba receives part of Henrique fee
Barcelona following Brazilian striker Dentinho


Watch a video of Keirrison:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think he could be a good signing for Barcelona next season with players most likely leaving our club and it is also good 2 sign young players for the future and he has good potential.I would like Barcelona to get him but we have some competition from Valencia so we would have to move very quickly to secure his services.

Custom Search
 
Custom Search